Welcome back to Oakridge Crossing Dental
To All our Valued Patients!
Guidelines and Precautions
Please see an outline of the measures we are taking to ensure your health and safety. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 403-475-9800. We will be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns.
Prior to your arrival at Oakridge Crossing Dental
- All individuals entering the office will complete a screening questionnaire consent form and have their temperature taken to assess risk. Any patients exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, will not be admitted. The consent form is available online under the “Patient consent Covid-19 form” link or you can fill it our in person upon your arrival at the office. All consent forms must be completed the DAY OF the appointment and signed.
- All staff members will be screened and monitored daily for symptoms.
- All individuals entering the office will make mandatory use of hand sanitizer, which is located at the entrance in a dispenser. Hand washing is also a viable option to patients.
- All individuals will wear a facemask in common areas. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided.
- As an extra precaution, we will be asking patients to wait in their cars until informed by telephone that we are ready to receive them. There is also a waiting area on the Mall hallway outside of our office, which has been set up to have in consideration the 2 meters (6 feet) physical distancing rule.
- We will stagger patient treatment times in a manner that minimizes social contact between individuals.
- We will reduce the number of appointments during the day to minimize social contact.
- All staff members in operatories will be wearing a combination of a face mask, goggles, face shield, knee-length gown, bouffant hair cap and shoe covers (PPE),
- All surfaces in the operatory room will be wiped using the 2 step method with disinfectant and given adequate time to set.
- Every operatory where patient treatment is being delivered will have its’ air filtered by both the internal HVAC system and recently procured Germguardian Air purifiers with UV light technology proven to neutralize airborne viruses and turn the room over in between 5-7 minutes.
- Alberta Dental Association & College already has very strict and some of the highest Infection Prevention and Control Standard in the country. We will continue to sterilize and disinfect our equipment and areas rigorously.
Please brush your teeth at home prior to your appointment!
What To Expect During Your Dental Treatment
- To reduce aerosols, we will be using rubber dams and high volume suctions (as two examples).
- We will be asking you to do an antiviral Perio Plus rinse prior to treatment start to help reduce the viral load.
- While you are receiving treatment, the HVAC the Germguardian Air Purifiers will be cleaning and filtering the air.
- We will rigorously practice the ADA&C Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) standards
- All operating staff members will continue to dress with the highest level of PPE, according to treatment performed.
After Your Treatment
- Patients will be asked to place the mask back on after the treatment.
- Patients will either hand-sanitizer or wash their hands after treatment
- We will streamline patient exits to minimize social contact.
Finally, thank you for your patience as we are implementing these new protocols. Wait times will vary from day to day and we will do our best to minimize them.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we hope all is well with you and your families.
Your Family Dental Team at Oakridge Crossing Dental!
We also offer extended hours on Wednesday’s for your family’s convenience.